I am a Masters level, Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in individual, marriage, and family therapy as a private practioner at Christian Counseling Associates. I earned my Bachelor's degree from the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut, and my Master's degree in Professional Counseling from Amberton University in Garland, Texas.
I have worked with individuals and families from a diversity of backgrounds. I have worked with adolescents and troubled youth for over twenty-five (25) years within the state and county juvenile justice systems. As a "hands-on" counselor, I have conducted home assessments to determine the appropriateness and safety of alternative home placements for children who have been removed from their family due to abuse and neglect, and have conducted home studies for families who desire to adopt.
Presently, as a counselor, I work with adolescents, adult males and females, married couples, and families. I believe in the power of prayer, and the power of God's Word. I will meet you where you are, in order to help you get to where you want to be.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Restoration Therapy Level I Certification
- American Associations of Christian Counselors
- Christian Counselors of Texas
- Spiritual Development Coordinator of Christian Counseling Associates
- International OCD Foundation
- Is a born again Christian who loves the Lord, God with all of her heart, soul, and strength.
- Has been married for over thirty-five years.
- Has raised three awesome children.
- Is an active church member.
"The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakens morning by morning, he wakens my ear to hear as the learned." (Isaiah 50:4)